There’s more to a race than you think.
There’s so much that goes into a race, yes, of course, from the participant’s side… but from the Race Director, too. I was fortunate enough to have a chat with a buddy of mine, Jay, who is both a runner AND a race director (I find the best ones are) about exactly what’s involved. Jay joined us in the studio to chat about runners, both “normal distance” and ultra distance… the differences between the two, and what makes us tick. He also talks about what it takes to be a race director for both crowds (and in general). We talk about Anchor Down 24 hour too… but there’s so much more than that… We talk about endurance… the beauty of running… and, really… the human spirit.
The deeper you go… the deeper it gets.
I’m talking about ALL of it. The deeper you get into this thing, the deeper everything runs. The connections you make with people… the stories you share… the emotion you feel when people succeed and the crushing blow you feel when they fail. You get invested in the journey and the ending to the story. And that’s exactly what happens on this episode… and in our chat… and undoubtedly… it’s what will happen this weekend at Anchor Down 24 Hour Ultramarathon.
What’s in this episode:
- Reflecting as I stare destiny in the face again
- Jay Paganelli joins us in the studio to talk:
- The difference between “normal” runners and Ultra runners
- What it’s like to be a Race Director
- Why we run and what it takes to make a race happen
- What to expect in a 24 hour ultramarathon, and more specifically – Anchor Down
- The 10 Commandments of Endurance
Interested in working with Darrell?
If you don’t live in Attleboro, or don’t have an Anytime Fitness near you… consider working with Darrell anyway! Darrell is accepting Virtual Training Clients – it’s about as close as you can get to working with him one-on-one in person without actually BEING in person. If you’re ready to make a change and have it stick, e-mail Darrell@SoTHISIsFitness.com for more details.
Connect with Jay Paganelli and his races
- St. Jude’s Walk To End Childhood Cancer – Greater Boston
Connect with So THIS Is Fitness
Listen to the So THIS Is Fitness Podcast
To listen, you can either use the player below OR browse the following links:
Support the show by supporting our sponsors!
- Get $100 off your new Leesa Mattress! Sleep better, recover better.
- Audible (by Amazon) – Start your free 30 day trial of Audible now and get a free e-book!